Thursday, April 16, 2009


I had always admired Paul and his father's relationship and could only have dreamed of one like that. One day we were all in Pennsylvania at your parents house and my father stopped by on his way to look at my sister's new house, your parents being who they are, set up an old Italian lunch, which in itself brought my father back to family. We sat and talked and then your father read my father a poem, it was the poem you posted (Patria Mia). I had never before seen my father cry. That day was a life changing moment for both of us. It took a while and some serious working on, but after that day I have that relationship with my father that I always wanted, your father told my father it was OK to love your son, His words were "if I cannot show affection to my children, then how will they learn to show affection to someone else". I love you both and your family so very much, you all have my eternal gratitude. Thank you, for sharing such a wonderful man with so many of us that knew and loved him. He will always be one of my heroes. (Written by Anthony Leto)

1 comment:

  1. Tony, thanks so much for sharing that story with us. I remember you mentioning that day to me once before and I know how much my dad loved you like one of his own. He cared very much about you and would be so proud of your ability to achieve that special relationship with your own father. How intricate and beautiful life can be. We never know how one person or one moment can affect the rest of our lives or the lives of others. Thanks for being a true friend. Your friend, Paul

    ReplyDelete